Individuals with current Library cards issued by the Batavia Public Library District and who are in good standing (no bills or fines totaling over $5.00) may borrow materials from the Library.
How do I access my account online?
• Click on “My Account” at the top of any page on this site
• Enter the number on your Library card
• Enter your PIN
Do I need my library card to check out?
Patrons can check out using their library card, or by downloading our SWAN Libraries App to digitally scan your library card.
What is my PIN?
• Your PIN is the last four digits of the primary phone number on your account or a PIN that you previously selected
• Contact the Circulation Department for help resetting your PIN
What can I do with my account online?
• View your current checkouts and due dates
• Place items on hold
• Cancel and/or suspend your holds
• Download eBooks, eAudiobooks, and more
• Renew items
• Pay fines and fees
• Change your PIN
• Keep a history of your checkouts.
Can my checkouts be renewed?
Eligible items will automatically renew two days before the due date and notification will be sent to your email. Please check your online account for the current due date(s).
Contact the Circulation Department to renew items earlier than two days before the due date.
What happens if I damage or lose an item?
The replacement fee for a lost or damaged item is the purchase price of the item plus a $5.00 processing fee. Fines and fees may be paid by cash, check, or credit card at the Library or by credit card through your account online.
What happens if I lose an item?
Accounts in excess of $25 may be subject to a $10 referral fee.
Can I use my Batavia Public Library card at other libraries?
You can use your Batavia Public Library card at other SWAN
libraries. No registration is required!
You can also use your Batavia Public Library card at any Illinois library that participates in reciprocal borrowing. Registration is required. Restrictions may apply and are determined by the lending library.