Summer Reading Club 2023 – May 26-Aug. 7
Track your summer reading on Beanstack to earn prize drawing entries and reading rewards.
Did you know? You can read or listen to any book you have access to and count it toward your summer reading. So whether the book is online, checked out from the Library, from your bookshelf, or borrowed from a friend, start reading, enjoying, and earning Summer Reading Club rewards!
If you have questions about signing up for Summer Reading Club, we’re here to help!
If at any time you need help with Beanstack, please visit the Beanstack Help Desk and type in your question. If you cannot find your answer there, our Youth Services or Adult Services staff would be happy to assist you!
Need help with Youth Summer Reading Club?
• Email us: email@example.com
• Call us: 630-879-1393, ext. 500.
Need help with Teen/Adult Summer Reading Club?
• Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call us: 630-879-1393, ext. 200.
Ages: For children from newborn through students entering 8th grade
Participating in Summer Reading Club is fun and easy!
• Counting Days – Count each day you read to earn fantastic rewards!
• Earning rewards – To earn your Level 1 reward, read for 15 days. Prize pick-up begins on June 9. Earn a second reward and a free book for reading for 30 days this summer. Level 2 prize pick-up begins June 26.
• Completing Activities – Choose 3 Extra Adventure activities to complete, and you will earn an extra reward.
• Enter Drawings –Every week that you read at least one day, you will be entered into a weekly drawing.
• Final Prize Drawing – If you read for at least 30 days during the summer, you will receive a virtual ticket in Beanstack to enter into a drawing for a special prize basket.
• Reading Beyond – For every 15 days you read past the required 30 days (example: 45 days, 60 days, and 74 days), you will receive an extra ticket for another chance to win one of the Final Prize Drawing baskets.
Get started with Beanstack
First, log in through the Beanstack app. Then click the button: “Log Reading and Activities” in the upper left to find your challenges.
You may count your days of reading to earn rewards. Plus, you may complete three Extra Adventure Activities to earn an extra reward. Find your voice this summer with activities such as adventuring outdoors, spreading kindness, and engaging in Library programs.
You can “Log Books” and earn a reward for every four books that you read.
Find the free app in your Apple App or Google Play store under the name “Beanstack Tracker” and select “Get” or “Install.”
Once downloaded, open the app and follow the simple, step-by-step prompts to create an account for yourself, your child, or your family. If you already have created your account through the website, you may skip this step and sign into your existing account with your registered username and password.
Since the app does not use our direct website link, follow these steps to create your account:
Otherwise, the process is the same as registering on the website. All fields are required.
The Library’s Beanstack subscription is sponsored in part by the Friends of the Batavia Library.
Beanstack is easy to use and available both online and as a mobile app.
Get started by visiting the Batavia Public Library Beanstack website at https://bataviapubliclibrary.beanstack.org/ and create your account. You also may register through the app (find out how to register below under “Get the App”).
NOTE: To register for Beanstack, you must have:
Once registered, you may access your account online or in the app by signing in with your username and password.
The Library’s Beanstack subscription is sponsored in part by the Friends of the Batavia Public Library.
Multiple readers may be added to the same account, even if they are registered for different programs
Now you’re ready to start exploring Beanstack!
If you cannot participate in Beanstack’s Summer Reading Club via the app, please pick up or print a log/tracking sheet at the Library, fill it out, and bring it to the Library. Directions are on the tracking sheet/log.