Did you know?
You can read or listen to any book you have access to and count it toward your summer reading. Whether the book is online, checked out from the Library, from your bookshelf, or borrowed from a friend, start reading, enjoying, and earning Summer Reading Club rewards!
And any reading counts as reading: magazine, book, audiobook, graphic novel and they don’t have to come from the Library.
Beanstack lets you:
Get the App! Find the free app in your Apple App or Google Play store under the name “Beanstack Tracker” and select “Get” or “Install.”
For babies 0 months through students entering 8th grade
Summer Reading Club has gone online! But it is still the program you know and love.
• Counting Days – This year, count each day you read to earn fantastic rewards!
• Earning rewards – To earn your Level 1 reward, read for 15 days. To earn your Level 2 reward, read for 30 days this summer! Prize pickup will begin June 11.
• Completing Activities – Choose 3 Mix It Up activities to complete and you will earn an extra reward.
• Enter Drawings – Each week you read at least one day, you are automatically entered into a weekly drawing.
• Final Prize Drawing – If you read at least 30 days during the summer, you will receive a ticket in Beanstack to enter into a prize drawing for rewards like museum passes or gift certificates towards local food and entertainment.
• Extra Level – For every 15 days you read past the required 30 days, (45, 60, and 75 days) you will receive an extra ticket for another chance to win one of the Final Prize Drawings.
Get started with Beanstack
This year being eligible for the drawings is even easier–just record your books using Beanstack!
• For every four books you log, you will receive an entry into our twice-a-month drawings for Batavia Chamber Bucks gift certificates, up to the limit of 40 books.
• Batavia Public Library cardholders will be eligible for our prize drawing at the end of the Summer Reading Club.
• To be eligible for the prize drawings, you must log the titles and authors of books that you read.
Note: the Staff Challenge is visible to our patrons, however, it is for employees of the Batavia Public Library only.
If you are unable to participate in Beanstack’s ONLINE Summer Reading Club, please print a log, and bring it into us once we are open to patrons. Follow the directions on the log:
Youth log High School log Adult Log
Beanstack Training Videos – Learn how to use Beanstack!
*Tip* Multiple readers can be added to the same account, even if they are registered for different programs.
Now you’re ready to start exploring Beanstack!
Beanstack is easy to use and available both online and as a mobile app. Get started by visiting our Batavia Public Library Beanstack website at https://bataviapubliclibrary.beanstack.org/, create your account. You can also register through the app (find out how under “Get the App”).
NOTE: To register for Beanstack you must have:
Find the free app in your Apple App or Google Play store under the name “Beanstack Tracker” and select “Get” or “Install.”
Once downloaded, open the app, and follow the simple step-by-step prompts to create an account for yourself, your child, or your family. If you have already created your account through the website, you can skip this step and just sign in to your existing account with your registered username and password.
Registering on the website vs. through the app: Since the app does not use our direct website link, the first prompt in creating your account is selecting “Find Your School or Library” and entering “Batavia Libraries” in the search option. Otherwise, the process is the same as registering on the website. All fields are required.
The Library’s Beanstack subscription is sponsored in part by the Friends of the Batavia Library.
If you have questions about signing up for Summer Reading Club, we’re here to help!
If at any time you need help with Beanstack, please visit their Help Desk and type in your question. If you cannot find your answer there, our Youth and Adult Programming staff would be happy to assist you!
Need help with Youth Summer Reading Club?
• Email us: email@example.com
• Call us: 630-879-1393 ext. 640.
Need help with Teen/Adult Summer Reading Club?
• Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call us: 630-879-1393 ext. 200.