SUMMER READING CLUB
May 27–Aug. 9
Track your summer reading on Beanstack to earn prize drawing entries and reading rewards. Track whatever you read: Library books, books from home, online books, audiobooks! Try the Challenges to earn an additional reward. Complete activities to earn an extra reward.
Did you know? You can read or listen to any book you have access to and count it toward your summer reading. Whether the book is online, checked out from the Library, from your bookshelf, or borrowed from a friend, start reading, enjoying, and earning Summer Reading Club rewards!
And any reading counts as reading: book, audiobook, graphic novel, and more. Plus they don’t need to come from the Library.
Ages: For babies 0 months through students entering 8th grade
Summer Reading Club has gone online! But it is still the program you know and love.
• Counting Days – This year, count each day you read to earn fantastic rewards!
• Earning rewards – To earn your Level 1 reward, read for 15 days. Prize pick-up begins on June 11. Earn more rewards this summer by completing 30 days of reading.
• Completing Activities – Choose 3 Mix It Up activities to complete and you will earn an extra reward.
• Enter Drawings – Each week you read at least one day, you are automatically entered into a weekly drawing.
• Final Prize Drawing – If you read at least 30 days during the summer, you will receive a ticket in Beanstack to enter into a prize drawing for rewards like museum passes or gift certificates towards local food and entertainment.
• Extra Level – For every 15 days you read past the required 30 days, (45, 60, and 75 days) you will receive an extra ticket for another chance to win one of the Final Prize Drawings.
Get started with Beanstack
Note: the Staff Challenge is visible to our patrons; however, it is only for Batavia Public Library employees.
If you cannot participate in Beanstack’s ONLINE Summer Reading Club, please print a log/tracking sheet, fill it out, and bring it into the Library. Directions are on the tracking sheet/log.
(log/tracking sheets will be available on May 27)
If you have questions about signing up for Summer Reading Club, we’re here to help!
If at any time you need help with Beanstack, please visit the Beanstack Help Desk and type in your question. If you cannot find your answer there, our Youth and Adult Programming staff would be happy to assist you!
Need help with Youth Summer Reading Club?
• Email us: email@example.com
• Call us: 630-879-1393 ext. 640.
Need help with Teen/Adult Summer Reading Club?
• Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call us: 630-879-1393 ext. 200.
First, log in through the Beanstack app. Then click the button: “Log Reading and Activities” in the upper left to find your challenges.
You can “Log Books” and earn 10 points for each book that you read. And you can “Complete an Activity” to earn more points toward your reading reward. Have fun with such activities as cooking, watching movies, listening to a podcast, creating art, reading a magazine, and more!
You can count your days of reading to earn rewards. Plus you can complete three”Mix It Up Challenges” to earn an extra reward. Have fun with such activities as cooking, gardening, creating artwork, and attending Library programs.
Beanstack is easy to use and available both online and as a mobile app.
Get started by visiting the Batavia Public Library Beanstack website at https://bataviapubliclibrary.beanstack.org/ and create your account. You can also register through the app (find out how under “Get the App”).
NOTE: To register for Beanstack, you must have:
Once registered, you may access your account online or in the app by signing in with your username and password.
Find the free app in your Apple App or Google Play store under the name “Beanstack Tracker” and select “Get” or “Install.”
Once downloaded, open the app, and follow the simple step-by-step prompts to create an account for yourself, your child, or your family. If you have already created your account through the website, you can skip this step and sign in to your existing account with your registered username and password.
Since the app does not use our direct website link, the first prompt in creating your account is selecting “Find Your School or Library” and entering “Batavia Libraries” in the search option. Otherwise, the process is the same as registering on the website. All fields are required.
The Library’s Beanstack subscription is sponsored in part by the Friends of the Batavia Library.