May 27–Aug. 8
Track your summer reading on Beanstack to earn prize drawing entries and reading rewards.
Did you know? You can read or listen to any book you have access to and count it toward your summer reading. So whether the book is online, checked out from the Library, from your bookshelf, or borrowed from a friend, start reading, enjoying, and earning Summer Reading Club rewards!
If you have questions about signing up for Summer Reading Club, we’re here to help!
If at any time you need help with Beanstack, please visit the Beanstack Help Desk and type in your question. If you cannot find your answer there, our Youth and Adult Programming staff would be happy to assist you!
Need help with Youth Summer Reading Club?
• Email us: email@example.com
• Call us: 630-879-1393 ext. 500.
Need help with Teen/Adult Summer Reading Club?
• Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call us: 630-879-1393 ext. 200.
Ages: For babies 0 months through students entering 8th grade
Summer Reading Club has gone online! But it is still the program you know and love.
• Counting Days – This year, count each day you read to earn fantastic rewards!
• Earning rewards – To earn your Level 1 reward, read for 15 days. Prize pick-up begins on June 10. Earn a second reward and a free book for reading 30 days this summer. Level 2 prize pick-up begins June 25.
• Completing Activities – Choose 3 Extra Adventure activities to complete, and you will earn an extra reward.
• Enter Drawings – Every week that you read at least one day, you are entered into a weekly drawing.
• Final Prize Drawing – If you read for at least 30 days during the summer, you will receive a virtual ticket in Beanstack to enter into a drawing for a special prize basket.
• Reading Beyond – For every 15 days you read past the required 30 days (45 days and 60 days), you will receive an extra ticket for another chance to win one of the Final Prize Drawing baskets.
Get started with Beanstack
First, log in through the Beanstack app. Then click the button: “Log Reading and Activities” in the upper left to find your challenges.
You can count your days of reading to earn rewards. Plus, you can complete three Extra Adventure Activities to earn an extra reward. Explore beyond the beaten path with activities such as cooking, gardening, adventuring outdoors, and engaging in Library programs.
You can “Log Books” and earn a reward for every four books that you read.
Find the free app in your Apple App or Google Play store under the name “Beanstack Tracker” and select “Get” or “Install.”
Once downloaded, open the app, and follow the simple step-by-step prompts to create an account for yourself, your child, or your family. If you have already created your account through the website, you can skip this step and sign in to your existing account with your registered username and password.
Since the app does not use our direct website link, follow these steps to create your account:
Otherwise, the process is the same as registering on the website. All fields are required.
The Library’s Beanstack subscription is sponsored in part by the Friends of the Batavia Library.
Beanstack is easy to use and available both online and as a mobile app.
Get started by visiting the Batavia Public Library Beanstack website at https://bataviapubliclibrary.beanstack.org/ and create your account. You can also register through the app (find out how to register below under “Get the App”).
NOTE: To register for Beanstack, you must have:
Once registered, you may access your account online or in the app by signing in with your username and password.
Multiple readers can be added to the same account, even if they are registered for different programs.
Now you’re ready to start exploring Beanstack!
If you cannot participate in Beanstack’s ONLINE Summer Reading Club, please pick up at the library or print a log/tracking sheet, fill it out, and bring it to the Library. Directions are on the tracking sheet/log.
(log/tracking sheets will be available on May 27)
Youth tracking sheet
Adult/High School Reading Log