The Batavia Public Library offers voter registration services at the Check Out Desk.
To be eligible to register to vote, a person must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be 18 years of age by Election Day; or 17 years of age to register to vote in a general primary or consolidated primary if the individual will be 18 on the date of the immediately following general or consolidated election.
- Reside in the precinct for 30 days prior to the next election.
Two forms of identification are required to register to vote. One of which must be a photo ID, and one must include the individual’s current residential address.
Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Driver’s License/State Identification Card
- Social Security Card
- Public Aid Identification Card
- Current Utility Bill
- Employee Identification Card
- Student Identification Card
- Lease or contract for residence
- Credit Card
- Civic Membership Card
- Union Membership Card
- Professional Association Membership Card
Through the Kane County Clerk’s website, Kane County residents may register to vote online or through the mail, check to see if they already are registered, find their polling place, and view a sample ballot.